Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Trip to PA


The kids and I drove to PA on July 2nd. We left GA around 6:30am and arrived at Mom and Dad's around 7pm. Had a good trip, no problems.

We took the kids to see the fireworks on the 3rd. It was a little chilly and of course us GA peaches were not used to that, hence the blankets on our laps, jackets and long pants! It was cloudy all day, so it was a little hard to see some of the fireworks, but we enjoyed them anyways.



Today, Mom, the kids and I took the kids to Cook Forest to swim. We got there only to find out that the pool was closed only today for training! So we went to the firetower and Seneca Point. Kaila, Kelli, Eddie and I all climbed up the tower, while Mom stood on the ground and watched. The tower is not as sturdy as I recall it being 25 years ago and with the wind blowing it really made it shake!



After we left the firetower, we went to the river and got a picnic table where we could have a picnic dinner later. Eddie was the only one who would get in the water and swim, but he had a great time!












Pop came up and met us at the picnic for dinner. Eddie swam some more and the girls took a walk. There were a lot of people canoeing and tubing down the river. The river wasn't very high so alot of people were getting stuck canoeing! Dave, Peg, Pat, do you remember something like that from many years ago????

1 comment:

Peg said...

I remember well! I think it was the first time I heard my parents swear! ;-)