Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Sewing


I have not done much sewing lately, one because I have not had the time and two, because I have not been in the mood until recently.

Here is a backpack purse that I made for Kaila. We bought the material last year before school started and I never even cut it out. I cut it out before I went to PA, but only started to sew it a few days ago. I was having trouble with the straps on the back. I could not figure out how to put the strap adjuster on it. After several attempts, I enlisted the help of Dustin and together we figured it out!





Here is the front of the backpack. The polka dotted material is what the lining of the backpack is made out of. Kaila picked out all the colors and coordinated it. I think she did a good job!










Here she is wearing it. She has dubbed it her guard backpack. Since she has alot of stuff that she has to take with her to her practices, this is what she is now going to use.

2 comments:

gramypop said...

Hey Barb,

It looks great, am sure Kaila is making good use of it. I do like the combination of colors. Bet you could take orders!!!

Love, Mom

Peg said...

Very Nice! you got all the 'crafty' genes!